Forums Welcome to NABPM 4 out of 10 applicants are failing employer’s drug tests
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Lance Thompson
    302 Posts

This is something for you who plan to start property management businesses to “strongly” consider. Just watched a woman on CNN about 30 minutes ago that owns a machine manufacturing company in Ohio talk about how 4 out of 10 applicants are failing drug tests her company administers before hiring. The 2 drugs applicants are consistently testing positive for?…….Opioids & marijuana. For you aspiring property managers, employers are referring to workers who show up to work high as “impaired workers” and if you have workers like that showing up to do any job where they are operating any type of machinery in gutting or renovating these houses, tearing down walls, using machinery to paint, using machinery to weld, driving any vans or trucks for hauling, using machinery to remove or install pipes, helping to lift or move any furniture, installing any house fixtures, using machinery to install or repair electric wiring, using machinery to cut any wood pieces or anything like that, that impaired worker is putting both you and your other “sober” workers at-risk.

Now, more than likely? Your property management firm will probably be out-sourcing a lot of that type of work…….in other words, you’ll be hiring another company to do stuff like that for you on a temporary basis. From what I can tell, the white/jewish property management company currently managing my rental property out-sources a lot of that type of work to other companies they have a long-standing relationship with. If they do any of that type of work themselves I would imagine I’ll find that out from them later. But even if you out-source that type of work, it still wouldn’t hurt to find out if the company you’re temporarily hiring to do a job on a house has any type of drug testing policy in place. Cause at the end of the day, if a sober worker gets injured by an impaired worker, there’s no telling how far a lawsuit might stretch and the bottom-line is that you don’t want your property management firm getting caught up in one that could have been avoided. Let that out-sourced company know that you want to do everything possible to avoid getting sued because of  a worker who came to work after smoking some of that “Ooooh-Weee”………Ooooh-Weee being the street slang for marijuana for those who don’t keep up with those street terms. Ha!!!  🙂

Check out this article.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/25/economy-needs-workers-but-drug-tests-take-a-toll.html?__source=Facebook

#1150 Reply
    Lance Thompson
    302 Posts

Here's the actual CNN interview that was conducted by Michael Smerconish with that Ohio business owner. Check it out…………………………….

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/29/us/ohio-factory-owner-cnntv/index.html

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Reply To: 4 out of 10 applicants are failing employer’s drug tests

Your information: