Forums Welcome to NABPM NEW penny stocks only
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lance Thompson
    302 Posts

Just a principle that I have decided to follow when it comes to buying penny stocks. Some of you are just like me…….You want to hit the Homerun. So you have a deep interest in penny stocks and I completely understand. I want to hit that Homerun too. There’s definitely one thing that I’ve learned about penny stocks though.

Wall Street gurus like William J. O’Neill (may he RIP), author of How To Make Money In Stocks and the founder of the Investor’s Business Daily Stock Newspaper said that Wall Street doesn’t take a stock “serious” until it reaches $17 or higher. That’s why he always taught the principle to “Buy high and sell higher”. So that’s one obstacle that you have to be aware of if you’re going to delve into buying penny stocks. But just know one thing that I have “definitely” found to be true over the years which is that Wall Street definitely views a penny stock whose IPO was 2 or 3 years ago “or longer” as pretty much a joke. If it hasn’t taken off in 24-36 months?? It ain’t gonna!………….I have subscribed to more than 1 penny stock newsletter (as I’m quite sure several of you have) and we’ve all seen the same thing……The penny stock whose IPO was back in 1998 at $.05 and in 2023 it’s now at $.10 and I’m quite sure you’ve figured out the same thing that I have. A penny stock that’s been a penny stock for that long is a waste of money to invest in. If the company did its IPO back in 1998 when Michael Jordan hit that final shot for the Bulls to win his 6th Championship and it opened at $.07 cents and in 2023 when Nikola Jokic wins his first Championship for the Nuggets it’s at $.11 cents, you’re just about guaranteed that’s the same price range the stock will be in 25 years from now in 2048.

So what I’m doing when it comes to investing in penny stocks now is that I won’t even look at it if the IPO was longer than 12 months ago. Nowadays I’m running my customized search on Google that says that following……………

“All 2023 IPOs – A complete list” and change it from year to year to year to year to year……….”All 20XX IPOs – A complete list”. If it’s June of the current year?? Nothing older than June of the previous year.

From there?? CNBC and Bloomberg can give you the guidance you need on the best “countries” for capitalism where that company has the best chance of growing & thriving. I’m not messing with China…..Too many hoops with having to please the CCP (Chinese Communist Party). As several pundits on CNBC or Bloomberg have stated, if it’s a U.S. based company that does “business” in China YES, give it a look. But if it’s based in China?? For me?? Pass. Right now here is a list of the countries that are given the highest grades for fostering the growth of capitalism……………….

1. The U.S. (of course)

2. Canada

3. Israel

4. Germany

5. The U.K.

6. Japan

7. South Korea

8. Bangladesh

Good luck to you all. And just to give you a tip?? Here’s one that I’m about to buy very soon………………..

Ticker-symbol JFBR – Jeff’s Brands Ltd. based in Tel Aviv, Israel………The IPO date?? August 26th, 2022

And as Jim Cramer teaches on Mad Money, the same principle that he teaches regarding regular higher prices stocks applies to penny stocks too…..Diversify, diversify, diversify, diversify, diversify, diversify, diversify. If all you’ve got is $500 to invest in penny stocks?? Don’t put $500 into 1 penny stock…..Put $100 into 5 different penny stocks. If you’ve got $1,000?? Put $100 into 10 different penny stocks. If you’ve got $20,000??? Put $1,000 into 20 different penny stocks, and so on, and so on, and so on, and so on and so on……You invest all of your money into only ONE you’re headed for a ton of frustration. Invest in 20 of them, track all of them on your Watchlist and see which one “shocks” you.

#2230 Reply
    Lance Thompson
    302 Posts

When I said before that companies “based in” China are companies whose stocks I refuse to buy?? This 60 Minutes segment shows the reason why…….You can’t build a company in China without working to help the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) spy on other countries “as well as” using your company to help spread the ideals and principles of communism over capitalism.

And as many of you may be asking “So what does that have to do with growing your company, making a profit and increasing the wealth of shareholders???”……….Absolutely nothing. When you own a public company in China you don’t work for shareholders, you work for the CCP. That’s why Jim Cramer says that he never buys the stocks of companies “based in China”, only companies based in the U.S. that have offices in China at most.

#2233 Reply
    Lance Thompson
    302 Posts

Whelp,

Many of you are well-versed in how stocks work so you can just skip what I’m going to say here because you understand this stuff, chapter-&-verse. But for those who are not so educated on how they work, the latest development in JFBR is a very good educational moment regarding when a company does a stock-split vs. a reverse stock-split. Let’s say that a company offers a 2-for-1 stock split vs. a 2-for-1 reverse stock split.

-If a company offers a 2-for-1 stock split that means that the number of shares you own get multiplied by 2 but the stock’s price gets divided by 2…………The # of shares goes UP but the stock price goes DOWN. Stock splits are “almost always” only implemented when sales and revenue is going extremely well.

-A reverse stock split is the exact opposite……..If a company offers a 2-for-1 reverse stock split then the number of shares you own gets divided by 2 but the stock price doubles……….The # of shares goes DOWN but the stock prices goes UP. Reverse stock splits are “almost always” only implemented when sales and revenue are extremely abysmal. Now with Jeff’s Brands based out of Tel Aviv, Israel that makes perfect sense. Why? Because Israel is currently at War with Hamas. Simply not any business being conducted in Israel right now.

In this case JFBR just implemented a 7-for-1 “reverse” stock split and at the time I owned 1,700 shares at I think about $.75 cents a share. Well I now only own 328 shares at the current price that you now see of $3 a share, up from the $.45 cents we were at last week. So yeah, the stock price went up nearly 10 times the current price but shareholders had the amount of shares they owned divided by 7 (although just like the rest of you, the amount of shares going down to 328 was some fuzzy math to me…….or as you youngins like to say, the math wasn’t mathing)…….I can only tell you what it says when I check my brokerage account.

It is what it is. But it’s a good real-life example to show you how complex stocks are.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Reply To: NEW penny stocks only

Your information: