Forums Welcome to NABPM Ways to raise capital for real estate investing…..
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 210 total)
  • Author
    Lance Thompson
    302 Posts

For those looking for a more “formal” definition of exactly what a cryptocurrency is and what the blockchain is, checkout this 19 minute YouTube video. Cryptocurrency…….the future of money…………………………

#1359 Reply
    Lance Thompson
    302 Posts

Good people,

Yesterday on Thursday, October 11th, 2018 up on Capitol Hill the Senate Banking, Housing & Urban Affairs Committee held a hearing on cryptocurrencies to help determine the way they should be regulated by the U.S. Government and they did it much in the same way that they do a lot of interviews on CNBC & Bloomberg:

-On the left side of the table you had Dr. Nouriel Roubini who was the cryptocurrency bear at the hearing….. in other words he’s the skeptic. He’s an American economist who teaches at New York University’s Stern School of Business & is also Chairman of Roubini Macro Associates LLC, an economic consultancy firm. He holds degrees from Harvard, Bocconi University & Hebrew University of Jerusalem.

&

-On the right side of the table you had Peter Van Valkenburgh who was the cryptocurrency bull at the hearing…..in other words he’s the advocate. Peter is the Director of Research for Coin Center. He is formerly the Google Policy Fellow for TechFreedom. He has a JD from New York University’s School of Law & a BS in Economics from George Mason University.

&

Be advised that this hearing lasts for an entire 1 hour & 4 minutes (64 minutes) so be sure to watch it when you’ve got some spare time on your hands, just know that if you plan to or are already investing in cryptocurrencies DO WATCH IT because this hearing tells you the specific direction that the U.S. Government & the White House are “strongly” considering going in when it comes to regulating cryptocurrencies, which if you invest in them WILL AFFECT YOU & therefore WILL AFFECT YOUR MONEY…..don’t think it won’t…..don’t think it won’t. The White House & Republicans are quite bullish on cryptocurrencies so I’m 100% sure that the suggestions by Mr. Van Valkenburgh are being taken very serious by them. Also, don’t pay any attention the clip at the conclusion of the hearing from the 1 hour & 4 minute mark to the 1 hour & 48 minute mark. All that is is dead space. Enjoy.

&

#1367 Reply
    Lance Thompson
    302 Posts

An e-mail that just came out yesterday morning from Robert Kiyosaki, author of the book Rich Dad, Poor Dad. Enjoy………

Fact: Crypto is the future.
    It’s not a matter of “If” crypto will take down the entire financial world, it’s just a question of “when.” You can either get left behind or prepare to become MEGA wealthy. Let me explain…

Right now, the bond market is about 500 times bigger than the stock market. And cryptocurrencies are going to replace it all!!! JP Morgan is already experimenting with selling bonds through the cryptocurrencies!!! Without getting too deep… cryptocurrencies allow contracts to be written that do not require middlemen. These contracts are about to completely replace the bond market. If you’re in bonds, you better learn all you can about cryptocurrencies… FAST! Because when the bond market goes down, the world monetary system goes down!

And if you think you’re safe because you’re in stocks, think again… because the damage to stocks will be even BIGGER! Companies no longer need to list on Wall Street or NASDAQ. Now, companies can create ICO’s. ICO’s are Initial Coin (cryptocurrency) Offerings. Basically, the same thing as IPOs but with no middlemen and the security of cryptocurrencies. You’re going to have companies saying each cryptocurrency represents a certain percentage of their company. Why should we go to the stock market if we can get the liquidity now? We can just trade our equity now for the same amount of fundraising with more security and no middlemen fees and charges. This is the new way to raise money. It’s also the new way to make money. By buying these ICO’s early and coming away with unreal gains.

The banks are shaking in their pants.

And you should be too, if you don’t know how to take advantage of this new opportunity.

To making life better,

Robert Kiyosaki

#1371 Reply
    Lance Thompson
    302 Posts

Below is the link to a discussion that took place 5 days ago on October 19th, 2018 with several people who are representatives of what they call “institutional investors”. These are your banks, insurance companies, pension funds, hedge funds, REITs (real estate investment trusts), investment advisors, endowments for many of the world’s biggest universities & colleges, and lastly mutual funds. In other words these are your “deep pockets”. Why does that matter? Well because when you or I invest our $500….$1,000….$1,500…..$2,000….$2,500….$5,000 or $10,000 in a stock or cryptocurrency, or on the other end sell that much of a stock or cryptocurrency that doesn’t increase or decrease the price of that stock or cryptocurrency. But you let Goldman Sachs or University of Michigan or Fidelity or Wells Fargo or Princeton University or Bank of America or All State Insurance or Stanford University or State Farm Insurance or University of Texas or JP Morgan Chase or Blackrock or Harvard University or Kimco Realty or Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway buy or sell $10 Million or $25 Million or $50 Million or $100 Million or $1 Billion or $10 Billion or $25 Billion or $150 Billion of a stock or cryptocurrency, well then that drives the price of that stock or cryptocurrency up from $10 each to $200 or $500 or $1,000 each, or down from $1,000 each to $500 or $200 or $10 each. There’s an old saying on Wall Street that “Institutional investors drive the market”…….it’s very true.

Crypto has had a tough time attracting institutional investors for quite a while now, but all of that is beginning to change. This video which interviews several people who invest on behalf of some of the world’s biggest institutions explains why. Enjoy.

#1381 Reply
    Lance Thompson
    302 Posts

More interviews with crypto traders and most importantly, institutional investors. The saying among cryptocurrency buyers & owners is “HODL”……..Hold On for Dear Life……HODL, HODL, HODL, HODL, HODL good people.

#1385 Reply
    Lance Thompson
    302 Posts

Pay close attention NABPM…….pay close attention.

#1388 Reply
    Lance Thompson
    302 Posts

Those of you who have been keeping an eye on cryptocurrencies are acutely aware that they have been taking a beating lately and one of the reasons is because the market is concerned about enforcement of current laws by the SEC as well as implementation of new laws on the asset class. The next event to keep a close watch on is the Argentina G-20 Summit for all of the World’s banking & finance leaders which is taking place on Friday, November 30th & Saturday, December 1st, 2018. Be sure to tune-in to CNBC & Bloomberg on that Friday as well as on the following Sunday & Monday to hear about what new worldwide regulatory developments on cryptocurrencies come out of that summit.

https://www.g20.org/en

#1392 Reply
    Lance Thompson
    302 Posts
    #1394 Reply
    Lance Thompson
    302 Posts

Crypto Kirby

Yeah…..had been developing a feeling based on the price action that Bitcoin & cryptocurrencies period have been showing the last few weeks since the G-20 Summit that they’re about to take a really bearish turn. Not that there was any bad news that came out of the summit, it was the fact that the good news that came out about Ohio being the 1st U.S. state to accept cryptocurrency payments seemed to make cryptocurrencies jump temporarily, but Bitcoin specifically held at the $3,900 point for a few days & then broke to the downside once again. So that got me to searching around YouTube for some “technical analysis” on the Bitcoin charts & that’s where I found this guy, Crypto Kirby.

Don’t know the guy, don’t belong to his VIP Trading Group so I don’t follow his trades in real-time like his VIP members do, but I have watched several of his YouTube tutorials & from having watched those tutorials I can tell you 1 thing for d*mn sure…….HE’S VERY GOOD…..he’s very very good at what he does. He’s a full-time technical chart analyst & a full-time cryptocurrency trader & this guy KNOWS his stuff. So based on what he’s teaching I’m staying out of the cryptocurrency market “for now”. In great detail in these 2 videos he explains all of the reasons why not only does he believe Bitcoin will bust downward through its current level of $3,400 as of today, December 11th, but he also explains in detail how he is of the strong belief that Bitcoin will drop to around $1,800 & quite possibly from there could end up going down to $800 and maybe even as low as $500.

Now I don’t know how any of you good people view that kind of capitulation, some don’t have the stomach for it, but I view it as a very very strong buying opportunity. I just don’t want to buy in too soon. So what I’m doing now is tuning in to Crypto Kirby’s YouTube tutorials & I strongly suggest that you consider doing the same. He comes out with a new video about once every few hours & he has a ton of good technical knowledge to share as you’ll see when you watch these videos. I believe he knows what he’s talking about.

Enjoy.

#1395 Reply
    Lance Thompson
    302 Posts

Here in this 2nd video Kirby explains how the latest moves within the last day or so truly confirms another bearish pattern setting up.

#1401 Reply
    Lance Thompson
    302 Posts

Bitcoin is currently in  pivotal trading range ladies & gentlemen where it needs to be watched very closely because it could be setting up a chart formation to either go up OR down…….Checkout Kirby’s video here that came out yesterday on Saturday, December 15th, 2018.

#1403 Reply
    Lance Thompson
    302 Posts

Here’s another guy whose video that I’m paying close attention to. Why? He has a very similar opinion to Kirby’s & what you’ll find most interesting in this video is when he displays the charts showing the Bitcoin shorts vs. the Bitcoin longs. It looks like the shorts are running out of steam & that the longs are picking up steam. This “just” may be the time to jump back into the crypto market…..be careful & make your own decisions…..just keep a close eye on the crypto market going forward……….

#1407 Reply
    Lance Thompson
    302 Posts

Yeah……….looks like Bitcoin & the rest of the crypto market may be headed for a crash…….What can I say, it is what it is………………….

#1411 Reply
    Lance Thompson
    302 Posts

Whelp,

Kirby who was once bearish on Bitcoin has now turned bullish…….interesting……

#1419 Reply
    Lance Thompson
    302 Posts

Yeah……As I’m quite sure several of you have read regarding cryptocurrencies is that one of the current dangers that the exchanges have not completely rid themselves of yet is making the exchanges hack-proof. A number of cryptocurrency exchanges, particularly overseas in Japan, South Korea, Europe & several other countries have fallen victim to hackers who have “electronically” broken into a few exchanges & have walked away with an accumulated total to-date of about $1.5 billion dollars worth of digital tokens. A number of the exchanges are now working to make themselves unhackable but they still have yet to achieve the goal of making themselves as fullproof as our world’s banks. While 2 of the exchanges I recommended in Coinbase & Binance have never been hacked (or at least I’ve never read about those 2 being hacked), as you can see right at the 15 minute & 45 second mark in the video discussion below, the gentleman they’re interviewing named Hartej Sawhney reveals that Cryptopia was hacked very recently…..(it says on Cryptopia’s website that they were hacked back on January 14th, 2019). Hopefully none of you have any cryptocurrency sitting idle on that particular exchange……Unfortunately I do…..I own a substantial amount of crypto that is sitting in my wallets on Cryptopia. Currently the site is down with the announcement on there that they have been hacked and are temporarily shutdown so I don’t know “if” I lost anything, or “how much” I lost if I did. Just gotta wait until they get the site back up & running before I can go in and check. I’m quite sure everything will be okay but it can be a little bit of a scary thing to deal with…..it’s like potentially having your bank account broken into.

This also brings up another issue that has been talked about in the crypto community regarding “insuring” people’s cryptocurrency purchases to replace any theft, the same way that the FDIC insures people’s cash deposits that sit in U.S. banks as well as the equivalent of the FDIC that insures people’s bank deposits in other advanced countries. These are issues that the crypto community has to work to improve & eventually to perfect.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 210 total)

Reply To: Ways to raise capital for real estate investing…..

Your information: