Forums Welcome to NABPM Ways to raise capital for real estate investing…..
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 210 total)
  • Author
    Lance Thompson
    302 Posts

Bob & his family are from China so I’m thinking he would know………………………………

#2191 Reply
    Lance Thompson
    302 Posts

Right at the 2 minute mark Mr. Wonderful from Shark Tank breaks down what the SEC beef is with both Binance and with Coinbase because apparently their complaint against both exchanges differ significantly. While some think that they’re basically being charged with the same thing the charges are completely separate from each other. Break it down for us Kevin………………………….

#2192 Reply
    Lance Thompson
    302 Posts

Very interesting developments……………………………………..

#2193 Reply
    Lance Thompson
    302 Posts

And even more interesting developments……………………………….

#2202 Reply
    Lance Thompson
    302 Posts

Landmark ruling Ladies & Gentlemen and crypto has jumped on the news…………..

And this is the reason why risk-takers will always tell you “Just take the risk and deal with the failure or the success later”………For those of you under age 30 all throughout your life these are the types of things you’re going to always hear said by your elders (of all races)…….”I remember when that land was going to $5 an acre and I could have bought 1,000 acres. Now it’s selling for $1,000 an acre……..”……………..”I remember when that stock was selling for $0.50 cents a share and I could have bought 20,000 shares. Now it’s selling for $2.000 a share…………”……………..”I remember when that crypto was selling for $0.10 cents a coin and I could have bought 50,000 coins. Now it’s selling for $10,000 a coin……….”

As I heard one famous stock investor say “You should always shoot back and people like that and say ‘WELL SOMEBODY DID!’ ”

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/privacy-and-data-security/ripple-token-is-a-security-in-institutional-sales-judge-rules

#2206 Reply
    Lance Thompson
    302 Posts

More on today’s landmark court ruling………………………………………………..

#2207 Reply
    Lance Thompson
    302 Posts

Additional perspective and details on the gravity of today’s court ruling on XRP……………….

#2208 Reply
    Lance Thompson
    302 Posts

2 huge bills headed to the House and/or Senate floors for debate, amendment and eventually a vote…………………………

#1. The Technology for the 21st Century Act

&

#2. The Blockchain Regulatory Certainty Act

Is SEC Chairman Gary Gensler really shaking in his boots over these bills?? Possiby. I’m thinking the Ripple lawsuit loss was a big embarrassment more than anything seeing as the Government wins about 98% of the lawsuits they bring and the Ripple lawsuit falls under that 2% of cases that they lose. So I’m thinking he probably is ready to get this agenda off of his plate so he can get back to much more important things and sort of push this to the background so he can stop having to go on TV and talk about it. I believe he wants this issue “handled” so he can disappear back into obscurity.

Regarding those 2 acts?? If you’re for them?? Wouldn’t hurt to call your local Congressman and Senator to express your support. The only real obstacle to them passing at the moment??…………….August Recess…………..Congress and the Senate go back Home on vacation for a month beginning on next Tuesday the 1st so I imagine they’ll take up the discussion on this just after Labor Day right around the start of the NFL season.

#2211 Reply
    Lance Thompson
    302 Posts

It’s just speculation at this point but I have seen this mentioned on about 2 or 3 different YouTube crypto channels………Maybe there’s something to it, maybe not. Always best to receive information like this with a fair amount of “skepticism & doubt”……Just know that the chatter is out there in the online crypto news world…………………….

#2218 Reply
    Lance Thompson
    302 Posts

A 2nd Court battle against a crypto entity that the SEC has lost and it seems like judges are beginning to call out the SEC’s multiple lawsuits either against crypto or based on their delayed decisions to approve crypto ETFs as either “frivolous” or based on “flawed logic”………..Pretty scathing comments from the Judge in this particular case……………..

#2221 Reply
    Lance Thompson
    302 Posts

More coverage of the Grayscale Bitcoin ETF court ruling……………………………….

#2226 Reply
    Lance Thompson
    302 Posts

Could have done without all of the scenes where they chose to reference modern-day hip hop songs……..But I don’t know, maybe some of you youngins can explain to Old School Cats like me the “connection” between WAP and stock investing…….But outside of that it IS an outstanding movie and definitely worth your while to go see as it’s very very “educational”.

#2232 Reply
    Lance Thompson
    302 Posts

Whelp,

Hope you can sing the blues Sam!

#2239 Reply
    Lance Thompson
    302 Posts

The real-life Keith Gill who setup the YouTube channel called Roaring Kitty and who also had the Reddit page called DeepFuckingValue (excuse the language) who was later portrayed as the main character in the movie Dumb Money. One funny part of the movie and one serious part of the movie to think about.

#1. Without giving too much of the movie away?? Keith has a very annoying younger brother in the movie named Kevin played by Pete Davidson from Saturday Night Live who’s always doing things to make Keith want to strangle him. Well when Keith first started his YouTube channel here he is living in Boston working for Mass Mutual with a Wife and an infant daughter he’s struggling to provide for and while explaining the reasons why he likes the GameStop stock on his channel he’s got these annoying people coming up in the comment section of his channel cussing at him with all kinds of vulgar usernames and language. Well there’s this 1 commenter with the username “Ballz” who keeps coming up on his page calling him “NERD” and also typing in the comments “Squeeze my ballz!” and other nasty posts. Well one day when Keith and Kevin are in the backseat of Mom & Dad’s car on their way somewhere they’re having a bitter sibling argument as siblings often do, and Kevin just so happens to be holding his cellphone and while he’s looking at it Keith peeks over at it and sees that he’s logged onto YouTube under the username Ballz……..Keith said “You’re Ballz???” and he started smacking his brother who then started hitting him back and right before they come to blows their Father had to smack both of them and said “Cut it out!!!”………THAT was the funniest part of the movie to me because all of us with siblings have had more than a few of those arguments that sometimes turns heated.

#2. The most serious part of the movie to think about is that this guy was a lone YouTube user with maybe a couple hundred followers who went on that site and explained “With strong conviction and brilliant reasoning” the reasons why he felt like the Wall Street Hedge Funds who were shorting GameStop’s stock “Got it wrong”……..Gabe Plotkin was a Wall Street Hedge Fund Owner of a company called Melvin Capital with a net worth of about $4-$5 Billion who had “shorted” GameStop with nearly all that his Hedge Fund had who was watching Keith Gill on YouTube while condenscendingly calling him an idiot because while Keith was “going long”, Gabe was “going short” with the stock. Because of this grassroots movement that Keith started, his followers on YouTube shot up to a few million, GameStop’s stock shot up from $3.85 to up over $500 a share and Gabe Plotkin was forced to “borrow” $7 Billion to buy back all of the GameStop stock he had shorted and subsequently Melvin Capital had to declare bankruptcy. Now he has other businesses and business interests, in fact he and another investor bought “the majority stake” in the Charlotte Hornets from Michael Jordan earlier in 2023 so it’s not like he’s “homeless”. But the point is this……..Because of Keith Gill’s grassroots movement?? Multiple Wall Street Hedge Firms have formed a Division that scours YouTube, Reddit and multiple other websites looking for the next Keith Gill. So if that’s what Wall Street is doing?? Nothing wrong with us doing it too. If you ever come across a small-time stock investor anywhere that has very very brilliant logic for how he or she picks stocks?? Don’t hesitate to share.

Oh,
    One final note regarding the movie that I think you may find interesting……They highlighted the 3 institutional investors in the movie which was Steve Cohen of Point72 Asset Management, Gabe Plotkin of Melvin Capital and Kenneth Griffin of Citadel Capital and of a side note they showed Vlad Tenev and Baiju Bhatt who are the 2 co-founders of Robinhood. Well Steve Cohen who of course was played by Vincent D’Onofrio?? He’s the Owner of the N.Y. Mets…..(the Major League Baseball team).

#2240 Reply
    Lance Thompson
    302 Posts

So it’s always something to give us “Pause”………A lone YouTube user with a couple hundred followers who graduates up to a few million users and eventually is doing so much damage to The Big Boys & The Big Girls that he is subpoenaed to testify in front of Congress!!………I absolutely love stories like that…….They’ve been referred to over the last few hundred years as Horatio Alger’s stories…….The “Rags to riches” story……..Everything the U.S. stands for.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 210 total)

Reply To: Ways to raise capital for real estate investing…..

Your information: